Monday, August 31, 2009

Past blunders

FLASHBACK. When Chris and I first started dating back in 2003, I was a shy, awkward teen (really, the only thing that's changed is my age).
There are several stories about me trying to be cute for him and (consequently) looking stupid. This is one that stands out.

It was late afternoon and Chris had just stopped by to pick me up for one of our first dates. I remember spending a significant amount of time fixing my hair in some unnecessary updo to impress him. I even put on heels, which (even to this day) rarely happens. We exited the house through the garage door. Chris made his way to his car as I entered in the garage code. He stopped and turned to admire me. I remember he smiled with genuine affection and his eyes sparkled in the sunlight as he said "you look so cute today." I was lovestruck. I stood there, smiling, feet planted firmly on the cement driveway, then it happened. I just…fell. Sort of like when it happened to Carrie Bradshaw…



…except I was STANDING STILL. I don't even know how it happened. I blame the heels.



After he asked if I was okay, he came over and helped scoop me up off the floor. He STILL tells people about this. He's like "and then she tripped…standing still!"

2 comments: